[Prehealth] Welcome back! And Smith Prehealth updates

Katie Lipp klipp at smith.edu
Thu Sep 8 08:53:59 EDT 2016

Dear students,

Welcome back to campus, and happy first day of classes! I hope everything
is going smoothly, especially for those of you who are new to Smith this
year. I'm writing with a few announcements and reminders from Smith
Prehealth.

1. The *Health and STEM Professions Lunchbag Series *starts up again
TOMORROW! I will be giving a general prehealth presentation - reminders of
opportunities within the health professions, building experience, planning
classes, and generally a great time to ask questions to get you going in a
new academic year. We have lots of exciting presentations and conversations
scheduled for this fall. Keep an eye on this page
<https://www.smith.edu/prehealth/events_lunchbags.php> and be on the
lookout for emails and flyer announcing upcoming lunchbags. Lunchbags are
on Fridays from 12:15-1:00 and are in McConnell 103 unless specifically
noted otherwise. Tomorrow's lunchbag IS in McConnell 103.

2. I am at Smith on *Thursdays and Fridays*, with appointment times only on
those days. Please make every effort to schedule your meetings with me
within the times you will see on my appointment calendar
<http://www.smith.edu/prehealth/contact.php>. If you are never available
during those times, send me an email and we will work on an alternative.
You may also meet with other members of the Board
<https://www.smith.edu/prehealth/advisers.php>.

3. Also, remember that we have a Peer Adviser in the prehealth office.
Jennifer Aguirre '18 is available for drop-in visits on Tuesdays from
12-2pm. She's a great resource for general information and particularly
useful for anyone who is new to prehealth (whether or not you are a
first-year student).

Please *stay in touch!* It is a great idea to get to know me or another
prehealth adviser early in your time at Smith. Don't have a specific
question or know where to start? Don't worry. We'll keep you talking! If
your question is quick, or my schedule is booked and your question is
urgent, email me or prehealth at smith.edu.

Enjoy your second day of classes tomorrow, and I will look forward to
seeing many of you soon.

Best,
Katie

--

*Kathryn Lipp, M.Ed.Prehealth Program Director*

*McConnell 414, Clark Science Center, Smith CollegePhone:
413.585.4296      Fax: 413.585.3786http://www.smith.edu/science-advising
<http://www.smith.edu/science-advising>*
*www.facebook.com/ClarkScienceCenter*
<http://www.facebook.com/ClarkScienceCenter>

*To schedule an appointment, please visit
http://www.smith.edu/prehealth/contact.php.