[AllFord] Ford Hall Window Washing 6/5-6/16

Heather McQueen hmcqueen at smith.edu
Fri Jun 2 09:23:54 EDT 2017

To all Ford Hall residents:

*What is happening:* Facilities Management will supervise Valley View
Window Washing in cleaning *both interior and exterior windows in Ford
Hall Monday 6/5 through Friday 6/16, 7:00am-7:00pm weekdays.* Work will
begin with the interior and exterior of the atrium, exterior windows, and
interior windows in common areas (hallways, stairwells) and registrar
classrooms and meetings rooms. They will work around scheduled events and
meetings. Interior of offices and appropriate research labs will begin the
week of 6/12. Unless we hear otherwise, we are assuming that it will best
to exclude the interior of all centralized prep/equipment rooms in the
south wing (specifically 030, 031,031A, 032, 035, 036, 130A, 130, 131,
133,135, 230, 230A, 231, 232, 238, 330, 331, 335, 336, 337). We would like
to get to as many spaces within the building as possible but realize that
some research lab spaces might be best excluded.  We will follow up
directly with individual faculty and managers to determine feasibility.

A 5-7 person crew, including one of the owners of Valley View Window
Washing will be working at one time. Cleaning methods are not noisy or
disruptive and they will minimize any drips or splashes. They estimate most
office spaces will take no more than 5 minutes, lab spaces 10-15 minutes at
most.  The crew will be able to work around obstacles and would be able to
move and return small amounts of personal items on windowsills, such as
plants.

*What we need from you: *If you have no particular objection to or
scheduling needs for window cleaning inside of your lab and/or office
space, you don't have to do a thing other than relocate any chemicals or
sensitive equipment/materials away from the windows. If you would prefer to
opt out altogether or need to schedule the window cleaning, because of
work/research activities or your preference to be present when the cleaning
takes place, please give us the details via this form, by Thursday 6/8:
https://goo.gl/forms/mPyH0OApxZeDoY7x2  If you have specific questions,
Heather and Kelly are coordinating with Facilities and Valley View Window
Washing.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we complete this
much-needed cleaning.

Best Regards,

Kelly and Heather

kdefores at smith.edu