[AllBass] New Bass Hall Printer Deployment

Tony Caldanaro tcaldana at smith.edu
Tue Sep 6 18:46:15 EDT 2016

Dear Bass Hall neighbors,

Apologies for the delay in emailing everyone about the new printer fleet and deployment plan in Bass Hall. Busy times.

The following new shared hallway printers have been deployed and added to the new print queue server (replacing the iPrint server).

BASS-101-C			(covering: Bass all floors; classroom and student color & BW printing; color for faculty; tabloid for all Div3)
BASS-302-M 		(covering: Bass all; faculty only; main IRB device; backup to 410 MFD)
BASS-410-BW 		(covering: Bass 2nd-3rd-4th floors; faculty & student researchers; temporary until Bass-410-MFD converted to new queue system)
BASS-410-MFD		(covering: Bass all floors; faculty only; also color printing)

!!IMPORTANT!! The Bass 410 MFD has yet to be converted to the new printer queue server. We plan to do that very soon. We will email again once ready to flip the switch. For now continue to use it if is already working for you. Windows 10 and OS X 10.11.x will NOT work with the MFD until we move it from iPrint.

Instructions for adding new and deleting old printers can be found at: http://www.science.smith.edu/cats/printing <http://www.science.smith.edu/cats/printing>

Mac Users will need to enroll their computer into Casper Self Service to have access to the new printer drivers as well as other software (forthcoming). To enroll visit this website: https://casper.smith.edu:8443/enroll/ <https://casper.smith.edu:8443/enroll/> and login. Chrome or Safari browser recommended. Note: The SelfService.app may download but not necessarily install sometimes. Check your downloads folder if things seem stalled.. Self service WILL ONLY WORK ON CAMPUS and is not for personally owned computers.

Pharos print queues installers for students to use are also available on our printing website.

Any printing issues please let us know. Thanks for everyone’s patience. Enjoy!

the CATS

Tony Caldanaro
Program Director
Computing and Technical Services (CATS)
Smith College - Clark Science Center
Northampton, MA  01063
Phone: (413) 585-3719  |  Fax: (413) 585-3786

Email: cats-s at smith.edu to reach all CATS
http://www.science.smith.edu/cats/